About the plan
We’ve worked in partnership with local health organisations and other partners to produce our local outbreak management plan.
The plan aims to:
- prevent the spread of COVID-19
- quickly control any outbreaks that occur
- make sure we work in an effective and coordinated way with our partners
- keep everyone in East Riding of Yorkshire as safe as possible during the pandemic
How the plan works
The plan is centred around 7 themes:
- Care homes and schools - planning for local outbreaks in care homes and schools
- High risk contexts, workplaces and communities - identifying and planning how to manage other high-risk places, locations and communities of interest
- Vulnerable people - supporting vulnerable local people to get help to self-isolate
- Testing - overseeing of local testing
- Contact tracing - assessing local and regional contact tracing and infection control in complex settings
- National, regional and local intelligence - identifying and responding quickly to outbreaks
- Engagement, communication and governance - establishing a COVID-19 health protection committee and local boards
For the plan to succeed, it’s vital that everyone plays their part in preventing any further spreads of the disease.
Download the plan
East Riding Outbreak Management Plan - March 21(PDF 1.9b)
Humber COVID-19 Prevention and Outbreak Management Framework - Sept 21 (PDF 402kb)
A message from Cllr Richard Burton
Cllr Richard Burton, leader of East Riding of Yorkshire Council, said:
From the very outset of this pandemic we said we were all in this together. We can get through this but we all need to work together to ensure a COVID-safe East Riding where people can live, work, shop, learn, play, invest and visit with confidence. Today, we are asking the public to follow some very simple guidance. Doing so will provide the best possible chance of keeping the East Riding COVID-safe.