Don't be the link. Stop the spread. Save lives.

Changes to council services

Find out how services are affected during the COVID-19 pandemic.

National Lockdown Update - Alterations to council services will be added here as soon as possible. Please keep checking back.

Bridlington Spa

We are delighted to say that, subject to the successful rollout of the Government's four step plan, Bridlington Spa Café will open for takeaway only from Monday 29 March to Sunday 19 April (inclusive) and then 17 May for socially-distanced shows, the café, and Box Office services.

From 21 June we will welcome back capacity shows and allow household mixing in our café.

We are currently working on our summer programme of events and we can't wait to share further details soon.

Visit the Bridlington Spa website

Wed 10 Mar

Adult learning

The council’s four adult learning centres in Beverley, Bridlington, Cottingham and Goole have all closed until further notice.

Our range of online learning is still available for you to study from the comfort and safety of your own home, but the classroom-based learning is suspended.

For further guidance and information, please visit or call (01482) 887670.

Tue 05 Jan

Bins, collections and tips

Bin collections

Bin collections will continue as normal.

Caddy liners

If you run out of caddy liners during the lockdown, please line your kitchen caddy with a sheet of newspaper or place food waste straight into your brown bin.

If you are taking essential waste to a household waste recycling site (tip), you can still pick up caddy bags from there, as part of your journey.

Commercial waste

Commercial waste and recycling collections are continuing as normal.

However, if your business has closed due to the Government guidance, then please contact the Commercial Waste team and we can suspend your service.

East Riding Business (Commercial) Waste - Contact Us (external council website)

Tips (Household Waste Recycling Sites)

Household waste recycling sites across the East Riding are all open to give residents the chance to dispose of essential waste. Strict measures are in place and we ask you to abide by new restrictions.

The sites are open seven-days-a-week, from 10am-5pm. Please be aware there may be waiting times.

The health of residents and the workforce remains the priority of East Riding of Yorkshire Council and site managers FCC Environment – therefore everyone entering the sites must follow social distancing measures:

  • A limited number of vehicles may be allowed on site. A site will restrict vehicle numbers if they deem it necessary to assist with social distancing on-site
  • Social distancing of 2m should be followed at all times
  • Please bear in mind that, due to health and social distancing reasons, staff onsite will not be able to help carry your waste. Therefore you should only bring items you can comfortably carry yourself
  • If you require assistance to unload a heavy or bulky item from your car, then you can bring an additional person from your household to help unload on site. Please advise the site staff on the gate that this is required
  • The sites close at 5pm and any vehicles onsite need to have unloaded all waste by that time. The last entry will be prior to this to ensure this can be done.

The Reuse Shop at the Humberfield household waste recycling site and the Reuse Electrical Shop at 254 Marfleet Lane, Hull which both raise money for Dove House Hospice are closed during the lockdown.

You can still donate unwanted items for the shops at any of the 10 household waste recycling sites.

Unwanted electrical items still in working order and good condition, including fridges, freezers, washing machines, tumble dryers, dishwashers, electric cookers and microwaves are currently unable to be collected for free for the Reuse Electrical Shop.

This service will resume as soon as we are able to offer it.

For more information about donating your unwanted electricals and arranging a collection, please call (01482) 710284 or email

Wed 06 Jan

Calibration Test Centre

From Monday, 22 February 2021 the Humber Authorities Calibration Test Centre will revert to its normal opening times:

  • Monday to Thursday - 9am to 4.30pm

  • Friday - 9am to 3.30pm.

Fri 12 Feb

Coastal services

Foreshores, beaches and promenades

Foreshores, beaches and promenades are open but all users must observe social distancing.

The Coastal Services team will still be available on email at


All winter let and annual let chalets remain closed.

Customers can keep up to date on facebook at:

Facebook: CoastalServicesEastYorkshire (external website)

and at:

East Riding Coast and Countryside (external council website)

If you have any queries, please email and we will respond to you as soon as we can:


Land trains

The land trains ceased operating for the 2020 season on 2 November.

Paddling pools

The paddling pool in Hornsea is closed.

The Bridlington paddling pool is currently open but users are requested to maintain social distancing in and around the pool.

Please email all other enquiries to:

Email :

Thu 05 Nov

Leisure centres

We are pleased to hear the recent Government announcement that gyms and swimming pools will be permitted to reopen on Monday, 12 April 2021 (subject to a review of data as per the Government four-step plan and roadmap).  

Whilst this is very encouraging, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon, we are now awaiting more detailed guidance from Sport England, UK Active and Swim England for further clarification on the additional services and activities we provide at our sites.

We will update you about any further guidance, once we have more clarification, on our social media channels and our website:

Mon 01 Mar

Hornsea Floral Hall

The Floral Hall is closed for the forseeable future.

Tue 03 Nov

Children's centres

All of our centres remain closed to the public until further notice.

Read more about how children's centres are currently affected.

Tue 05 Jan


All East Riding of Yorkshire Council-run markets, as well as the trader-run markets in Bridlington and Cottingham, remain open during the lockdown – but for food sales only.

Read more about how markets are currently affected.

Thu 05 Nov

Countryside access events

All countryside events have been cancelled. Refunds have been given to anyone booked on these events. We are not planning any future events until further notice.

Visit the East Riding Coast and Country website for all the latest news and events updates.

Thu 08 Oct

Council meetings

Meetings of the full council, the cabinet and other committees are currently being held remotely. You can see agendas and minutes for council and committee meetings, and watch public meetings live or view them afterwards.

View committee agendas, minutes and meetings.

Thu 12 Nov

Play areas and play parks

All council play areas in the East Riding will stay open during the new lockdown.

However, please follow the guidance on how to use play parks safely.

Wed 04 Nov

Sewerby Hall and Gardens

Following the UK Government roadmap announcement, we can confirm that charging to enter the estate will resume on Saturday 27 March for local people only.

This will relax from the 29 March when the stay-at-home order will end.

Between 27 March and 11 April, the gardens, café (takeaway only - no seating available) play area and toilets will be open. Admission prices will reflect the limited offer.

If government restrictions allow, we will then proceed to the second phase of reopening on 12 April. This will see the zoo reopen and the outdoor seating return for the café.

From 17 May the house will reopen to the public if government restrictions allow.

Hopefully from 21 June we will able to move to the final stage and see the welcome return of events to Sewerby Hall and the easing of Covid restrictions.

For annual pass holders, we are offering a 14-week pass extension (pro rata). This is to cover the latest lockdown from 5 January until 12 April (when the zoo opens).

To claim, pass holders must email with your name, address and card numbers.

The gardens, play area, toilets and car park will remain open for exercise only.

Wed 17 Mar

Food businesses and pubs

Pubs, cafés and restaurants have been told to close their premises due to recent Government guidance, however, some are allowed to sell takeaway food and drink if they have the correct licence, for the time being.

If you have information about a pub, café or restaurant that is opening to allow food and drink to be consumed within the premises, then please report these to the council by emailing:

When ordering takeaway food, we would advise residents to order food by telephone or online for delivery or collection at a specific time, and not to congregate at the premises.

Thu 05 Nov

South Cliff Holiday Park

Following the government road map announcement we can confirm we are planning to reopen on 12 April 2021 (subject to a review of data as per the Government four-step plan and roadmap).

We are now taking bookings for our Static Holiday Homes and luxury lodges online, for touring and motorhome bookings please phone South Cliff Reception on (01262) 671051 as restrictions apply.

Find out more from our website:

South Cliff Holiday Park

In step 2, from the 12 April we are permitted to open self-contained accommodation - those that do not require shared use of bathing.

Entry/exit, catering or sleeping facilities and must only be used by members of the same household. This means that we will take bookings from the 12 April - 17 May for static holiday homes and luxury lodges and touring caravans and motorhomes with their own welfare facilities as we will not be able to open the amenity blocks.

In step 3 - 17 May 2021 (subject to a review of data as per the Government four-step plan and roadmap)

We will be able to open fully with the use of amenity blocks. It is therefore recommended that for touring and motorhome bookings for 12 April - 17 May you contact the South Cliff Reception on (01262) 671051.

It should be noted that on-site facilities such as Makis Leisure will be subject to the restrictions laid out in the step plans.

Holiday Customers: From 12 April 2021 we are now welcoming and taking bookings for touring caravans, motorhomes, and our holiday homes and luxury lodges.

Initially we have limited types of accommodation available, as the amenity block facilities will not be allowed to open at this stage of the government’s plan. It is unlikely that the privately operated Makis Leisure will also open in this stage. If you are looking to book between 12 April – 16 May for touring and motorhome bookings this can only be done over the phone due to the restrictions on the amenity blocks, our Holiday Homes and Luxury Lodges can be booked on-line or through reception (01262) 671051.

For those customers who have a booking between February and 11 April ,we will in touch over the coming days to reschedule your holiday or offer a refund.

From the 17 May (Step 3) we are hoping that we will be able to re-open the amenity blocks and thus expand our holiday options.

We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Owners: We are so pleased for all our owners, as 2020 was a difficult year and now we can look forward to 12 April when hopefully we will be able to reopen.

We will ensure that we will be ready to open from that date. It will be great to have you all back on site enjoying your caravans. If all goes to plan and as soon as we get the green light from the government, we will be able to confirm your refund on site fees that you are due from the latest lockdown. If you have any questions for us, please try and email or send a message on the new Facebook group, as the phone line are extremely busy at the moment.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Thu 25 Feb

Customer Service Centres

Customer Service Centres are closed for public drop-ins to avoid unnecessary contact where possible to support the National Lockdown restrictions. For residents needing essential customer service support, many answers can be found on the website or please contact the call centre on (01482) 393939. Please be aware that the volume of calls may be higher than usual.

Read more about how customer services are currently affected.

Tue 05 Jan

Private sector housing

Unsafe housing conditions

The private sector housing team remains open to respond to complaints from tenants of serious hazards such as dangerous electrics, defective fire doors and alarms, broken down heating within rental properties.

Please ensure you have made every effort to contact your landlord or managing agent to resolve issues and be able to demonstrate their refusal to rectify matters prior to contacting this department.

Protection for renters

Guidance is available for landlords and tenants in the private and social rented sectors to explain the possession action process in the county courts in England and Wales.

The guidance reflects new national restrictions in England from 5 November 2020.

Understanding the possession action process: guidance for landlords and tenants - GOV.UK

If, having informed your landlord about this, you have further concerns about an eviction being carried out at this time please contact this department.

Private sector landlords

Advice on the enforcement of housing standards in rental properties and licensing of houses in multiple occupation for residential landlords

The government's response to the Coronavirus pandemic has imposed restrictions that are relevant for landlords in the private rented sector. Landlords, managing agents and contractors should minimise access to their properties. If access is permitted this should be only to meet legal standards to ensure tenant safety and welfare whilst observing social distancing measures.

Find out more on GOV.UK (external website)

Council officers will still be responding to complaints concerning disrepair and poor management and licensing standards in the private rented sector. However officers will adapt working practices to minimise visits and contact and may rely on photographs from example tenants in cases. Landlords will be contacted on the basis of these reports and officers will be understanding in terms of the timescales allowing for resolution. It is hoped that by far the majority of cases can be dealt with informally based on common sense agreements.

Consideration of suspension or variation of any Improvement Notices currently served will be given to allow additional time for landlords to comply but this may not be appropriate in all cases. Officers will consider the seriousness of the hazard, the vulnerability of the occupier and confidence that the landlord can demonstrate that appropriate attempts to remedy any hazards being undertaken within an agreed or confirmed additional time frame.

If you are aware of a repair which needs doing but the tenant is unable to permit access due to self-isolation, ask them to document this in a text or an email. Work should not be carried out in properties where the tenant is self isolating or shielding (tenants who are more vulnerable to the infection due to their medical condition) unless there is a serious and direct threat to tenant safety. Urgent matters which we would not consider appropriate to delay would include, water supply problems, sanitation, security, fire safety, electrical safety, gas safety, heating and hot water faults.

In terms of licensing of Housing in Multiple Occupation - new and renewal applications will be considered on a case by case basis with time extensions granted as necessary to take account of difficulties in providing relevant documentation. Further guidance for landlords and tenants is available below:

GOV.UK - Coronavirus renting guidance (external website)

The Health and Safety Executives approach to Landlord’s Gas safety checks can be found on the Health and Safety Executive website but please find a summary below.

We appreciate that social housing landlords may be experiencing challenges in getting gas safety checks completed at this time, for example due to tenants isolating or a shortage of available engineers. However, landlords are still required to take reasonable steps to carry out annual gas safety checks etc. Suspension of all gas safety checks is not permissible as it will unnecessarily put tenants at increased risk, particularly as people are spending all/most of their time at home.

Each property should be considered on a case by case basis, completing safety checks where tenants permit access and gas engineers are available. If you are unable to secure the services of your usual engineers, you must make reasonable attempts to obtain alternative services.

Where you cannot and resource has to be prioritised you can do so, taking into account factors such as (this list is not exhaustive):

the age and type of appliances

previous maintenance/work carried out

breakdown history

the presence of CO alarms

whether the tenant is considered vulnerable for reasons other than risk from coronavirus (COVID-19).

Thu 05 Nov

Shops and high street businesses

FAQs for shops and high street businesses on how to re-open and operate safely under the COVID-19 situation.

Business guidance:

Q1. What guidance is available for my business to re-open and operate safely under the COVID-19 situation?
A1 The government has published ‘Working Safely During COVID-19 in shops and branches’ which can be accessed at:

Working safely during COVID-19 -Shops branches (external pdf)

Q2. What financial assistance may be available to my business?
A2. The following websites outline further links that may be helpful:

Coronavirus support for businesses (council pdf)

Humber Growth Hub - COVID-19 (external pdf)

Love Your High Street (external council website)

Regional Growth Fund - Taking care of business (external website)

Licensed premises/tables and chairs:

Q3. Will I need permission from the council to place tables and chairs outside my premises?
A3. Yes: If you want to place tables and chairs on highway land (carriageway, footway, pedestrian areas and any verge etc) for the consumption of food/drink or alcohol, then you will require a Pavement Consent.

Temporary permission will be considered for up to one year, or no later then 30 September 2021, which will be reviewed on a three-monthly basis.

Any enquiries about applying for a pavement consent need to be emailed to as soon as possible to ensure it can be considered as a matter of urgency.

A3. No: If the land is private land, owned by you, then no permission is needed from the council to place tables and chairs.**

Q4. Will I be able to get a temporary permission to help with COVID-19 Restrictions?
A4. Yes: Temporary consent will be considered, subject to the area’s suitability to be licensed. This consent will be to assist with the COVID-19 Restrictions 2020 and will not set a precedent to be able to get longer term permission to use highway land after this time.

All use of the council highway will need to comply fully with COVID-19 regulations, around social distancing etc.

Q5. Will I definitely be allowed to place my tables and chairs out on the highway?
A5. Due to the diversity of the East Riding area, and town and village centres, every request for a Pavement Consent will need to be assessed on a case-by-case basis.

There will need to be full consideration to such matters as these (this list is illustrative and not exhaustive):

  • Is the highway suitable for tables and chairs (surface material), will they be safe to use?
  • Will placing of tables and chairs on the highway cause difficulties for queuing to use shops? Will it prevent people being able to maintain social distancing when the roads and paths are narrowed/obstructed?
  • Will tables and chairs in a set location cause safety implications for the public including the visually impaired?
  • If two premises are adjoining one another and they both want to place tables and chairs out, how can they work with social distancing?
  • Does the premises have any restrictions on their Licensing Act 2003 premises licence that may prevent use of an outside area?
  • Does the premises have another external area they can use instead of highway, etc?

We cannot say that all premises’ locations will be suitable for placing furniture on the street. Consultation with the council’s planning and highways teams will also be part of this process.

More information on what information you will need to submit to the Licensing team for consideration of an external area can be found here: East Riding of Yorkshire Council - Pavement licences

Q6. If we only sell alcoholic drinks and no food, will we be considered for a Pavement Consent?
A6. Prior to COVID-19, the council would not permit any alcohol-only establishments to be able to use the highway, however some flexibility will be shown in order to assist getting business back trading under temporary Pavement Consents if the COVID-19 regulations allow this use of the highway.

We await further Government advice on this matter which may clarify matters further.

You may also have to apply for a variation to your premises licence under the Licensing Act 2003.

Q7. How much will it cost to get permission for the using the highway to place tables and chairs on it?
A7. The application fee for the short term (three-month) consent will be set dependent on how many tables and chairs your premises would be consented to have.

The fees will be available at this web page:

East Riding of Yorkshire Council - Alcohol, entertainment and food - Pavement licences

Q8. Will I need any insurance to place tables and chairs on the highway?
A8. Yes: You will require public liability insurance (minimum of £5million cover) that includes the outdoor area.

Q9. What about toilet provision?
A9. If food or drink is provided for consumption on the highway or on your private land then suitable toilet arrangements for customers should be in place, ensuring you are meeting the requirements of COVID-19 Secure: 5 steps to safer working.

General highway use:

Q10. Can I put my goods/stall/sign/machine/ride/game on the highway?
A10. No. The highway (carriageway, footway, pedestrian areas and any verge etc) is for the use of the public to travel and gain access to premises. Safety remains the prime concern and this now includes the public being able to socially distance on the highway with enough space as well as safe access to premises for blind and partially sighted patrons and those with other disabilities. Arcade games and rides will reduce space and also attract contact by young children unaware of the risks involved.

Q11. Can my customers queue on the highway?
A11. Generally yes. You must take account of the potential size and queue direction in your own COVID-19 risk assessment (see A1 links above). Your customers should remain only on your frontage, not your neighbours’ (without their consent). Queuing should be in line with buildings rather than across the footpath/walkway which is required for socially distancing passers-by. You may wish to apply your own monitoring and temporary stickers or tape markings to the footway surface to aid social distancing, suitable material is widely available for this purpose.

Q12. Will the council provide barriers for me?
A12. No. It remains the responsibility of individual business premises to undertake their own assessment in preparation for opening and trading and provide any equipment to support this. The use of barriers on the highway is not permitted without consent which will be based upon available width for other highway users to socially distance. Contact for further information on placing barriers.

Q13. Will the council temporarily close the street or parking space to traffic or make the footpath one-way?
A13. Generally no. Such proposals will be kept under review, however, but will only be considered in particularly busy areas where sensible social distancing cannot be achieved. Our towns will continue to rely on roads and parking areas being used for deliveries, travel, shopping, commuting and available to all. Making footways one-way will also be reviewed and balanced with the potential for conflict of destinations and social distancing.

Q14. Can I use my own car park to trade and force customers to park on the highway?
A14. While you are generally able to use your own private land to trade, any detrimental effects on the highway for others in terms of access, safety or obstruction due to parked cars will be addressed by the council.

Q15 Can the council enforce social distancing?
A15. Outside, no. The council will provide signs across our public realm town centres/shopping areas and car parks to remind people of the need to socially distance to keep safe and is providing advice to help support businesses to re-open. Any enforcement action within public areas can only be undertaken by the police at present. Issues relating to social distancing within premises are the responsibility of the business owner, however enforcement options could be used by the council or the Health and Safety Executive if public safety is considered to be at risk by businesses not following the COVID-19 Secure requirements.

Wed 04 Nov

Libraries and mobile libraries

East Riding Libraries remain closed, except for their 'Order and Collect' service.

Visit the libraries website to read more about what services are still available to you.

Mobile libraries

The Mobile Library Service will continue to provide an order and collect service and customers of the "at home" service will still have their books delivered.

For any questions about the mobile library service, please call the mobile library team on (01482) 392749.

For any questions about the mobile library service, please call the mobile library team on (01482) 392749.

Tue 05 Jan
Venues and events


East Riding Museums (Beverley Art Gallery, Beverley Guildhall, Goole Museum, and Skidby Mill) remain closed.

The Treasure House and café are also closed, but Beverley Library remains open for 'Order and Collect'.

Keep up to date with museum openings on the East Riding Culture website.

Tue 05 Jan

Local nature reserves

All Local Nature Reserves, countryside paths, Public Rights of Way, and Country Parks will remain open but you must adhere to National Lockdown rules regarding exercise.

You may visit for exercise purposes only.

You may visit:

  • on your own
  • with one other person
  • with your household or support bubble.

You must maintain social distancing.

Visit the Walking the Riding website.

Tue 05 Jan
Venues and events


All council-run car parks in the East Riding are operating as normal, with regular charges in place.

Parking enforcement will continue in all areas.

NHS and critical care staff, as well as NHS COVID-19 volunteers, can still benefit from free parking while they are on duty as long as they display their COVID-19 parking permit. This is a nationally-recognised scheme.

These permits can only be issued by your own employer.

Find out more about the worker and volunteer parking pass on the GOV.UK website.

Thu 29 Oct

Bridlington Park and Ride

The popular Bridlington Park and Ride bus service will start on Monday, 12 April and will run until early November, seven days a week.

Whilst the COVID-19 restrictions are in place, customers will have to wear a face covering if they wish to travel on the Park and Ride. There will also be reduced capacity on the Park and Ride buses to ensure social distancing.

The Park and Ride site near South Cliff Holiday Park will be open from 7am – 8pm, and charges will apply between those times. Transport links into town will start at 9.30am; times of the last bus back to the site will vary throughout the season.

The service, provided by the council, is operated by Stagecoach.

Here is the full list of prices for Park and Ride 2021:

  • £5.50 for all day parking and transport for up to five people on either the bus or land train

  • £1.50 single ticket on the bus (if not parked) (Same price as last year)

  • £2.50 return ticket on the bus (if not parked) (Same price as last year)

  • £1.00 single ticket for concessionary pass holders (if not parked) (Same as last year)

  • £1.50 return ticket for concessionary pass holders (if not parked). (Same as last year)

For full details of Park and Ride, visit: Bridlington park and ride

For full details of the Land Trains, visit: East Riding of Yorkshire Council - Coastal activities

Tue 06 Apr

Planning and building control


The planning service remains open but is asking applicants and residents to correspond through online forms, Public Access or email:


Site notices advertising new planning applications are still being displayed. Residents can continue to view and comment on planning applications through Public Access. Residents can also use Public Access to set up an area of search (e.g. for a specific street, town or village) to receive an automatic email notification of any new planning applications in the specified area.

Planning committee

The Planning Committee and the two Area Sub-Committees are continuing but will be held via teleconference.

Western area planning committee

Eastern area planning committee

Building control

Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, there will continue to be a little disruption to the day-to-day service provision. Public safety remains the priority and the building control team is working remotely with full access to phones, email and documents to provide a building control service.

Contact the team in the usual way on (01482) 393800 or by email at:

Building regulations applications are still being checked in the usual way and the team continues to offer a reduced site inspection service, so that social distancing rules can be safely observed.

New building control applications should be submitted online at Building Control Services.

Thank you for your understanding.

Mon 28 Sep

Public toilets

All council-run public toilets in the East Riding are open, with the exception of Hilderthorpe Road in Bridlington which is closed due to the redevelopment of the car park.

Read more about public toilets.

Fri 08 Jan

Registration services

Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the East Riding Registration and Celebratory Service is operating on a reduced staffing level.

The service appreciates the difficult situation faced by the public, couples and venues, locally and nationally during these uncertain times and are doing their best to be as flexible as possible in all circumstances.

The service will be returning enquiries in order of the date received but we acknowledge our reduced staffing level could delay this process.

Read more about:

Thu 05 Nov
Families and care


See the latest COVID-19 information for schools, including closures, advice for parents and school transport.

Wed 04 Nov

Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support Service

As the current situation develops so rapidly all face-to-face contact will be suspended.

The primary aim is to ensure that service delivery can be maintained across the East Riding of Yorkshire whilst keeping everyone safe and well.

Acting on the advice from the Local Authority, SENDIASS has adapted its service delivery, with all staff working remotely. This means that the team are continuing to offer impartial information, advice and support throughout COVID-19 and social distancing. The team are able to offer advice over the phone, via email and also support in virtual meetings.

Visit the Local Offer website for information in regards to SEN guidance at this time.

You may also wish to follow us on Twitter @SendiassERYC as we will update this with new information as we receive it.

SENDIASS currently ask that anyone requesting information, advice and support contact us via our email or via our new text number 07507310273, leaving a name, details of enquiry and a telephone contact number. This will allow an officer to return contact within 2 working days.

SENDIASS phone lines are now open between 8:30am and 4:30pm on (01482) 396469.

Tue 03 Nov


News updates of changes within the taxi/private hire trade due to COVID-19.

Tue 05 Jan

Sport and play

Following the latest National Lockdown, from Tuesday, 5 January:

  • Outdoor sports venues - such as golf courses, tennis courts and outside gyms - must close

  • Outdoor playgrounds remain open

  • Amateur team sports are not allowed

Further guidance will follow when available.

Tue 05 Jan

Tourist information centres

The Tourist Information Centres in Beverley and Bridlington remain closed.

Tue 05 Jan

Trading standards

If you have a Trading Standards complaint you should call the Citizens Advice consumer service on 0808223113 who will provide you with basic advice. Trading Standards will continue to monitor complaints but will only respond to emergencies.

A weights and measures verification service will be provided by Trading Standards but only to sectors in the vital supply chain and medical/fuel industries.


Fri 17 Apr

Welfare support service

The safety of the customers/tenants, families and staff are paramount and the council has been working hard to maintain service delivery as well as planning for future service delivery as the situation evolves.

The council has been following changes in government guidance in relation to social distancing and ensuring that customers/tenants and staff who are aged 70 or over or under 70 with an underlying health condition are supported to remain safely at home where possible.

The Welfare Support Service offer has been reducing over this last week in accordance with the guidance, demand for service and availability of staff.

The council is also looking at how it can make best use of staff to support customers and deliver a service to all tenants. It would also like to provide reassurance that contact will continue to be maintained and this may be on a reduced level of visits, but where this is the case, contact will be provided on other days via a telephone call.

These measures are being put in place to help the council to safeguard customers, families and staff and thanks the residents in advance for their support and patience at this time.

Thu 22 Oct